The Lead Developer, SAP Business Applications, reporting into the Director, Application Technologies, serves as the primary technical subject matter expert for the SAP ABAP Development platform, and is responsible for the overall best practice design, development and end-to-end delivery of quality, scalable and efficient solutions in SAP that provide great customer experience.
The applications landscape at Shure spans across different technologies including SAP (S4 HANA, ECC, CPI, IBP, BW), Salesforce, Boomi, Sharepoint, Service Now, Tableau and other technologies.
This role will collaborate closely with the internal IT associates located in US and Asia to build, enhance and maintain SAP solutions to meet the global business needs. Manage global SAP Development team and collaborate with IT Functional teams to plan and forecast projects and development resources.
• Independently leads and manages a medium to large global-sized projects utilizing Shure methodology for development deliverables. Manages the development team’s progress to plan, project management and resource allocations, resolves key barriers, and escalates issues.
• Provides leadership and direction to the development team on priorities, work schedules and assignments in a project setting in consultation with the Sr. Manager and IT Functional teams.
• Participates in project blueprint workshops to support requirement gathering, fit gap analysis and preparation of solution alternatives with effort estimates, impact considerations across applications and processes and recommendation with the appropriate pro/con analysis.
• Collaborates with the functional analysts/leads globally to design, build and test a variety of SAP objects including reports, interfaces, conversion, enhancements, forms and workflows.
• Translates requirements and functional specifications into technical solutions (specifications, tested code, and technical documentation).
• Proactively supports performance tuning and maintenance activities as needed and ensures technical solutions meet the performance guidelines and standards.
• Supports the study and recommendation of new and existing technologies / features.
• Reviews and proposes appropriate updates to the development standards, conducts design and code reviews, ensures adherence to the established standards and SDLC best practices by the development team and prepares the necessary quality metrics.
• Proactively monitors and supports the production landscape to address issues in a timely fashion.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 7+ years of experience as a SAP ABAP developer in various roles, with at least 4+ years of that in implementation projects. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Expertise in Object Oriented ABAP Webdynpro, Dialog Programming, User Exits, enhancement Framework, Smart Forms, Adobe Forms, SAP Script and interfacing technologies like REST, SOAP services, ALE/IDOCs
• Exposure to write SAP interfaces for middleware like Dell Boomi, SAP CPI, Webservices etc.
• Experience in RFC, File, XML and related programming techniques in SAP.
• Strong understanding of the strategic objectives, challenges and opportunities from a business and IT perspective.
• Adhere to industry best practices and technology trends with the ability and interest to expand across technologies, when required.
• Understands the development life cycle both from a project/process perspective and technically to ensure the proposed solutions are sustainable, maintainable and meet the customer expectations.
• Knowledge of ITS, Barcode and label printing would be an additional benefit.
• Working knowledge of SAP ECC (key modules like SD, MM, PP, FICO), BW. Exposure to IBP, CPI, DMS and PLM desired.
• Experience in HANA Smart Data Access and Smart data Integration S/4 HANA Simple Finance implementation will be an added advantage
• Exposure to SAP Datahub, SAP UI5 and Fiori is advantageous
• Clear and concise communication skills, strong problem-solving skills and technical expertise in the SAP ABAP Development platform
• Good communication skills, customer excellence focus and organizational skills
• Exposure to common project management methodologies like ASAP, Agile preferred
• Demonstrated ability of working on complex assignments
• Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Determines methods on new assignments and (provide guidance to other personnel)
Technical Design Expertise
Customer Focus Communication
Software Powered by iCIMS