This position reports to the functional manager directly. This position focuses on software technical and supervision role to the assigned subjects and the assigned functional team.
(Remarks: visit www.shure.com to get an overview of our product portfolio).
• Discuss, design and develop the code for 8/16/32-bit MCU/MPUs applications, the associated components are ADCs, DACs, PWMs, UARTs, LCDs, timers, and network interfaces for products such as headphones & earphones, audio equipment and software used in conferencing & meetings and performance & production.
• Knowledgeable and work comfortably on OS e.g. FreeRTOS, RT-Thread, Linux, Vxworks and so on.
• Design and develop business logic and protocol based on standard stacks such as Bluetooth/BLE, ZigBee, TCP/IP etc.
• Test real time, multitasking embedded software for 8/16/32-bit MCU/MPUs and associated components from a PC environment.
• Plan and perform system / sub-system level tests.
• Specify embedded hardware components such as MCU/MPUs, flash, EEPROM, and network components.
• Work as part of a cross-functional development team to design and implement cutting edge audio products and technologies.
• Estimate, organize, and document tasks.
• Support customer / end-users when necessary.
• Mentor, coach, and monitor the work of less experienced engineers.
• Other duties as assigned.
• BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering related area. M.S. degree preferred.
• Minimum 8 years of software code development.
• Released products and domain expertise in wireless audio products based on Bluetooth/BLE, WIFI etc.
• Good to have electrical design experience in digital circuits.
• Demonstrated understanding of embedded system architectures.
• Demonstrated understanding of OS theory e.g Vxworks, Linux, windows…
• Demonstrated expertise with hardware debugging using oscilloscopes and logic analyzers.
• Minimum 5 years of design and development experience with A/D, D/A, LCD, UART, and MCU peripherals.
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively within a team environment and lead junior engineers.
• Domestic and overseas travels no problem.