This position manages the purchase, installation, and support of network communications infrastructure and management tools, including Local Area, Wireless Local Area Network and Wide Area Network (LAN/WLAN/WAN) firewall, and PBX systems. Additionally, you will install, and maintain network related systems such as routers, switches, wireless access points, firewalls, and other network devices while leading infrastructure projects.
Note: This role can be Hybrid from our Hyderabad office.
• Operates and supports the company's internal data network and voice communications systems.
• Develops strategies and determines direction for network systems solutions using current and emerging technologies relative to network infrastructure.
• Plans, designs and implements local and wide-area network solutions between multiple platforms and protocols.
• Supports/troubleshoots network issues and coordinates with vendors for installation of such items as routers, firewalls, switches, PBXs and other network devices.
• Monitors current systems and plans implementation projects as necessary through evaluating trends and planning for future needs to ensure ongoing system availability, performance, and adherence to service level agreements.
• Audits network hardware and software to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, procedures, and configuration guidelines.
• Maintains network security of all network devices, and aides in the coordination independent security audits performed by outside parties as required.
• Manages and maintains the communications infrastructure required for Disaster Recovery (DR) failover.
• Maintains backups of network system configurations.
• Provides training and assists with proposal writing.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• Minimum of 5 years of experience using skills as a seasoned, experienced professional in infrastructure/ network environments performing network planning, architecture design, engineering (hardware and software) and optimization.
• In depth understanding of network security, firewalls, intrusion detection systems.
• Prior experience with configuring Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls.
• Prior experience designing and executing system readiness and performance tests.
• Experience in an environment that includes an enterprise management system (ERP), such as SAP, is preferred.
• Cisco CCNA or CCNP preferred.
• Working knowledge of Windows server administration.
• Working knowledge of DNS and DHCP.
• Has a full understanding of industry practices and/or company policies and procedures.
• Able to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data or situations requires evaluation of identifiable factors
• Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions for difficult assignments and of diverse scope.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to work well with others.
• Strong customer service skills and focus.