Shure offers a challenging and rewarding summer internship program. The twelve week program is offered to undergraduate students that have completed at least 2 years of college, as well as graduate students. Each intern will receive a competitive salary and students who reside out of Illinois will receive a housing stipend to cover living expenses for hybrid or onsite internships. Applications will be collected, reviewed and selected candidates will be contacted in late fall/early winter.
The Supplier Quality Engineering (SQE) Intern (Mechanical) will handle a variety of duties related to the Processing of Supplier Part Approvals, Metrology Measurements and Metrics of the Supply Base.
This internship will be a combination of part-time remote/virtual and part-time in office.
• Assist in the Supplier Part Approval Process
• Document Measurement and Test Results
• Attend New Product Team Meetings with SQEs as appropriate.
• Participate in Data Collection, Entry, and Analysis
• Utilize Lab Equipment
• Project Work as required
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, with a minimum of two years of engineering coursework
• Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Excel, Access, and Word)
• Minitab experience is a plus
• Related Industry experience a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Keen willingness to learn new concepts and skills