Shure offers a challenging and rewarding summer internship program. The twelve week program is offered to undergraduate students that have completed at least 2 years of college, as well as graduate students. Each intern will receive a competitive salary and students who reside out of Illinois will receive a housing stipend to cover living expenses for hybrid or onsite internships. Applications will be collected, reviewed and selected candidates will be contacted in late fall/early winter.
The 470-694 MHz band continues to be an important global spectrum band for the delivery of audiovisual content and is also being considered for future mobile use in certain parts of the world. The spectrum engineering intern will be responsible for conducting spectrum coexistence analysis and simulations of Programme-Making and Special Events (PMSE) systems including wireless microphones with other systems such as mobile, broadcasting, etc in the 470-694 MHz band and in adjacent bands.
This internship will be 100% remote.
• Conduct coexistence analysis and simulations.
• Develop innovative coexistence solutions for PMSE with other systems.
• Develop input contributions for regulatory bodies such as the European Conference of Postal and Telecommunications Administrations (CEPT) or International Telecommunication Union (ITU).
• Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
• Proficient in Matlab, C/C++.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Keen willingness to learn new concepts and skills.