Shure offers a challenging and rewarding summer internship program. The twelve week program is offered to undergraduate students that have completed at least 2 years of college, as well as graduate students. Each intern will receive a competitive salary and students who reside out of Illinois will receive a housing stipend to cover living expenses for hybrid or onsite internships. Applications will be collected, reviewed and selected candidates will be contacted in late fall/early winter.
The Reliability Engineering Intern will handle a variety of duties related to design for reliability, validation and verification of reliability, and reliability testing.
This internship will be a combination of part-time remote/virtual and part-time in office.
• Interact with Corporate Quality Engineering (CQE), Supplier Quality Engineering (SQE), Global Compliance (GC), and Product Design and Development (PDD) to provide reliability guidance.
• Assist in data collection and analysis.
• Utilize quality/reliability lab equipment to assist in reliability testing.
• Utilize metrology lab equipment to assist in the initial sample review process.
• Project work as required.
• Minimum of two years engineering or technical coursework. Pursuing degree in Mechanical Engineering (desired) or Electrical Engineering.
• Enjoys hands-on experience performing testing and analysis of products.
• Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Excel, Access, and Word).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Keen willingness to learn new concepts and skills.
• Previous experience in product design engineering is a plus.
• LabVIEW and Minitab experience is a plus.