Shure offers a challenging and rewarding summer internship program. The twelve week program is offered to undergraduate students that have completed at least 2 years of college, as well as graduate students. Each intern will receive a competitive salary and students who reside out of Illinois will receive a housing stipend to cover living expenses for hybrid or onsite internships. Applications will be collected, reviewed and selected candidates will be contacted in late fall/early winter.
The GCE intern will handle a variety of duties related to product safety, electromagnetic compatibility (EMC), and regulatory certifications. Interns will be mentored by engineers to assist with testing, data review, technical file management and project planning.
This internship will be 100% onsite.
• Assist in conducting tests on products.
• Document test results.
• Attend project team meetings with GCE engineer as appropriate.
• Participate in data collection, entry, and analysis.
• Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field, with a minimum of two years of engineering coursework.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Excel, Access, and Word).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Keen willingness to learn new concepts and skills.
• Familiarity with test equipment a plus.
• Highly organized and willing to learn end-to-end process improvement skills.
• Able to follow procedures as defined in standards such as electrical safety or EMC.
• Ability to work independently with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.