Shure offers a challenging and rewarding summer internship program. The twelve week program is offered to undergraduate students that have completed at least 2 years of college, as well as graduate students. Each intern will receive a competitive salary and students who reside out of Illinois will receive a housing stipend to cover living expenses for hybrid or onsite internships. Applications will be collected, reviewed and selected candidates will be contacted in late fall/early winter.
The Dimensional Metrology Engineering Intern will handle a variety of duties related to new product development and maintenance of existing product lines.
This internship wil be a combination of part-time remote/virtual and part-time in office.
• Assist in the drawing review and Design for Manufacturability processes
• Document Measurement and Test Results
• Attend New Product Team Meetings with Metrology Engineers as appropriate
• Participate in Data Collection, Entry, and Analysis
• Utilize Lab Equipment and participate in Measurement Systems Analysis
• Project Work as required
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or engineering discipline (Industrial, Aerospace, etc.), with a minimum of two years of engineering coursework
• Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Outlook, Excel, Word)
• Strong spatial reasoning skills
• CAD modelling experience is a plus
• Related Industry experience a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Keen willingness to learn new concepts and skills