Shure offers a challenging and rewarding summer internship program. The twelve week program is offered to undergraduate students that have completed at least 2 years of college, as well as graduate students. Each intern will receive a competitive salary and students who reside out of Illinois will receive a housing stipend to cover living expenses for hybrid or onsite internships. Applications will be collected, reviewed and selected candidates will be contacted in late fall/early winter.
Working under the supervision of Engineering Manager and Mentor, Engineer Intern Application Software engineer assists with developing, and testing platform independent (Windows, OS X, Linux) applications software and the integration with wired and wireless communication protocol stacks and embedded firmware systems in professional audio products.
This internship will be 100% remote or a combination of part-time remote/virtual and part-time in office.
• Prototyping new features
• Assist in bug fixes.
• Document application design and development processes.
• Assist creating unit tests for existing features.
• Test automation development.
• Attend team meetings as appropriate.
• Pursuing a bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or related field, with a minimum of two years of engineering coursework.
• Must have experience in object-oriented programming using C++
• Experience using networking protocols specifically TCP/IP and UDP is a plus
• GUI experience is a plus.
• QT experience is a Plus.
• Recommended Classes: Networking, Object Oriented Programming C++, Data Structures and Algorithms
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Keen willingness to learn new concepts and skills.