Shure offers a challenging and rewarding summer internship program. The twelve week program is offered to undergraduate students that have completed at least 2 years of college, as well as graduate students. Each intern will receive a competitive salary and students who reside out of Illinois will receive a housing stipend to cover living expenses for hybrid or onsite internships. Applications will be collected, reviewed and selected candidates will be contacted in late fall/early winter.
The RF Product Development Intern will work within Shure product teams on design, prototyping, and testing RF circuitry.
This internship will be 100% onsite.
Under the supervision of an engineer within the Digital Wireless Department will include circuitry work in the area of:
Additionally, you will:
• Must have completed two years of coursework in Electrical Engineering or related area with coursework in RF areas such as electromagnetics and wireless systems desired.
• Basic knowledge, understanding, and some bench experience designing RF circuits including:
o understanding components at RF
o resonant circuits
o impedance matching
o s-parameters, etc.
• Basic knowledge of wireless communication systems, transmitters, receivers, wireless system parameters.
• Comfortable with test and measurement equipment such as signal generators, spectrum analyzers, and network analyzers desired.
• Experience with antenna design and/or simulation desired.
• Specialized computer skills – experience with ADS, HFSS, Python desired.
• Must be able to work collaboratively within a cross-functional team environment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.