Shure offers a challenging and rewarding summer internship program. The twelve week program is offered to undergraduate students that have completed at least 2 years of college, as well as graduate students. Each intern will receive a competitive salary and students who reside out of Illinois will receive a housing stipend to cover living expenses for hybrid or onsite internships. Applications will be collected, reviewed and selected candidates will be contacted in late fall/early winter.
The Strategic Technology Team is looking for a full-stack hardware and software developer to help research, prototype, and demonstrate forward-leaning use cases with next generation technologies for future product opportunities.
As intern for Rapid Prototyping for Robotic Audio Systems, you will work on projects that relate to smart audio systems that incorporate robotic and micro robotic technologies, used for locomotion, shape-shifting and shape morphing, or other purposes that enable novel features and use cases. The project may target devices categories such as headphones, microphones, conference call systems, and other product categories.
We are a diverse group of engineers, designers, and people with other backgrounds who invent useful, playful, and beautiful things. Or vision is to make life easier, more connected, more entertaining, more personal, and more productive. This is your opportunity to join our talented professionals as an intern to work on cutting-edge technologies and cool projects.
This internship will be 100% onsite or a combination of part-time remote/virtual and part-time in office.
• Consume cutting edge research related to the broad domains of audio and robotics
• Work with the team to determine the area of focus, and specifically the implementation you will pursue for your prototype and design the area of focus, and specifically the implementation you will pursue for your prototype
• Research, source, evaluate, and select hardware and software methods and technologies that enable your specific implementation
• Implement and integrate the system
• Test, validate, and iterate on the prototype system
• Keep a focus on the holistic system throughout the internship
• On track for MS in Computer Science, Robotics, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Mechanical Engineering, or related field
Will consider an intern having completed 3 yrs toward bachelor plus previous internship experience
• Coding skills in at least one low level language (e.g., C/C++) and one high-level language (e.g., Python) is required
• Experience with common rapid prototyping tools and dev kits for robotics and actuators is required
• Creativity and curiosity for future technologies and a passion for realizing new capabilities is required
• An interest in or experience with audio technologies and methods is a plus
• Experience using ML techniques to enable robotic systems with sensors and actuator is a plus