Shure offers a challenging and rewarding summer internship program. The twelve week program is offered to undergraduate students that have completed at least 2 years of college, as well as graduate students. Each intern will receive a competitive salary and students who reside out of Illinois will receive a housing stipend to cover living expenses for hybrid or onsite internships. Applications will be collected, reviewed and selected candidates will be contacted in late fall/early winter.
Under the direction of senior department staff and management, the Mechanical Engineering Intern will support mechanical efforts in all phases of the product development life cycle.
This internship will be 100% onsite.
• Learn and use NX 2D and 3D CAD software to document mechanical, electrical, or acoustical components, products, or systems of limited complexity.
• Assist Mechanical Component Engineers in establishing catalogs of standard Mechanical parts
• Work with Associates from various teams and departments in coordinating documentation and assisting with the implementation of Engineering Change Requests
• Investigate and resolve minor production related deviations and generate Engineering Change Orders and Special Engineering Notices as required.
• Design components using established manufacturing processes such as injection molding, die casting, and sheet metal forming using standard methods.
• Learn how to obtain information from a broad knowledge base to complete assignments.
• Validate designs through analysis and testing.
• Working on B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• Experience with Mechanical CAD software
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Keen willingness to learn new concepts and skills.
• Self-motivated, team player, detail oriented
• Able to meet required deadlines
• Ability to work independently with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Excel, Access, and Word).