Shure offers a challenging and rewarding summer internship program. The twelve week program is offered to undergraduate students that have completed at least 2 years of college, as well as graduate students. Each intern will receive a competitive salary and students who reside out of Illinois will receive a housing stipend to cover living expenses for hybrid or onsite internships. Applications will be collected, reviewed and selected candidates will be contacted in late fall/early winter.
As the Digital Signal Processing Data Science Intern, you will integrate, balance, and complement machine learning and artificial intelligence with classical DSP processing techniques as well as participate in testing and experimental design around ML/AI for audio processing.
This internship will be 100% on-site or part-time remote/visual and part-time onsite.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated projects in applying machine learning, artificial intelligence, and data science to audio processing. Interest or experience in low latency real-time audio algorithm design and development, comfort working with both data science and engineering tools and environments to train models and to realize them in working demonstrations is desired.
• Completed at least three years of coursework in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics with an emphasis in Data Science and/or Digital Signal Processing preferred
• In-process of a Master’s or PhD in machine learning or in application of deep learning in related scientific or engineering fields strongly desired
• An interest and/or experience in Audio is required
• Experience with training and verifying machine learning and deep learning models in frameworks such as TensorFlow, TensorFlow Lite, PyTorch, Keras, etc.
• Experience with Python required
• Experience with big data technologies and common cloud-based services (e.g. Amazon Web Services) for data storage and processing is a plus
• Experience with C, C++ or Assembly language programming is a plus
• Experience designing and deploying models for embedded, FPGA, iOS, or Android platforms is a plus
• Experience with studio recording or live sound is a plus