Shure offers a challenging and rewarding summer internship program. The twelve week program is offered to undergraduate students that have completed at least 2 years of college, as well as graduate students. Each intern will receive a competitive salary and students who reside out of Illinois will receive a housing stipend to cover living expenses for hybrid or onsite internships. Applications will be collected, reviewed and selected candidates will be contacted in late fall/early winter.
The Cloud Application Software Intern assists with developing and testing Cloud Application software and the integration with wired and wireless communication protocol stacks and embedded firmware systems in professional audio products. Collaborates with other Company divisions including Marketing to establish use cases and requirements, and software tests to define and execute test plans.
This internship will be 100% remote or a combination of part-time remote/virtual and part-time in office.
• Assists with the design and implementation of Cloud Application software that controls and manages audio products and networking technologies using AWS technologies
• Collaborates with marketing, software test and system engineering to define platform independent GUI application software use cases and requirements
• Prototypes Cloud Software Applications
• Estimates, organizes, and documents tasks
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• Knowledge of cloud services (AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud) is a plus.
• Basic knowledge of platform independent GUI application software development on PC Windows/ Linux and Mac (OS X) platforms and learns to use professional concepts
• Development using Cloud Application Software Languages
• Able to apply company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues.
• Able to follow standard instructions, practices, and procedures in analyzing situations or data