Shure offers a challenging and rewarding summer internship program. The twelve week program is offered to undergraduate students that have completed at least 2 years of college, as well as graduate students. Each intern will receive a competitive salary and students who reside out of Illinois will receive a housing stipend to cover living expenses for hybrid or onsite internships. Applications will be collected, reviewed and selected candidates will be contacted in late fall/early winter.
This internship will be 100% onsite.
• Development and deployment of unit tests for quantifying and qualifying algorithm performance
• Creating tools for real-time signal analysis and diagnosis
• Hardware setup, debugging, and modification
• Critical listening of cutting-edge technologies
• Audio data generation
• Demonstration of technologies to internal stakeholders
• Collaboration with DSP developers in algorithm tuning
• Completed at least two years of coursework in Acoustics, Electrical, Computer or Software Engineering
• Some Audio/acoustics coursework is required
• Coursework and/or experience with real-time programming languages such as C/C++ and simulation languages such as Matlab, and Python (NumPy/SciPy)
• Hands on experience with or comfortable dealing with different audio setups
• Critical listening skills
• Strong verbal and written communications skills