Shure offers a challenging and rewarding summer internship program. The twelve week program is offered to undergraduate students that have completed at least 2 years of college, as well as graduate students. Each intern will receive a competitive salary and students who reside out of Illinois will receive a housing stipend to cover living expenses for hybrid or onsite internships. Applications will be collected, reviewed and selected candidates will be contacted in late fall/early winter.
The position is responsible for data mining, analyzing and interpreting information obtained across various sources. Then collates the information to provide accurate and complete data sets as input for development of procurement strategies and tools.
This internship will be combination of part-time remote/virtual and part-time in office.
• Analysis of supply chain data to ensure key performance indicators are met; and make recommendations for process improvement.
• Perform quantitative analysis, data mining, and data modeling; and database management functions.
• Analyze large and multi-dimensional data sets, perform statistical analysis on large data set, provide analytical support for projects
• Exam workflow and utilize analytical and quantitative methods to understand, predict, and streamline business processes.
• Design and produce monthly internal reports and metrics to measure internal operational performance, identify trends and issues.
• Create dashboards, reports, and analyses that explain trends – what happened, what may happen, and why
• Explore large volumes of online and offline data across platforms and data sets to identify and understand various data sources
• Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Operations Management and Information Systems, Business or Industrial Engineering.
• Working knowledge of Data Mapping, Mining and Modeling; and database creation and management
• Proficient in Access, Excel, Visio, Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint with exposure to business intelligence tool (Tableau).
• Some experience with/or knowledge of programming, experience with database querying and data transformations using VBA and SQL.
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
• Possess the ability to work effectively in a team environment