Shure offers a challenging and rewarding summer internship program. The twelve week program is offered to undergraduate students that have completed at least 2 years of college, as well as graduate students. Each intern will receive a competitive salary and students who reside out of Illinois will receive a housing stipend to cover living expenses for hybrid or onsite internships. Applications will be collected, reviewed and selected candidates will be contacted in late fall/early winter.
Our Technical Writing team is looking for a strong writer and communicator to help us in our mission to create clear, compelling product documentation. We produce a diverse range of materials to support Shure’s customers, including user guides, instructional videos, and in-system software help.
At Shure, you will be an active part of the product design and development process, collaborate with cross-functional teams, and get an inside look at the pro audio industry. You will learn strategies for writing and managing content, including structured authoring, multi-channel publishing, single sourcing, and customer-centered design.
We are looking for candidates with a strong writing portfolio who are excited about working with audio products. You should have an eye for detail and enjoy interviewing people from many backgrounds to learn how things work.
This internship will be 100% remote.
• Collaborate with UX, marketing, engineering, and product management to create multimedia content
• Work with audio gear and related equipment to understand complex systems
• Conduct user testing to measure the effectiveness of content
• Contribute to research and design meetings to gain insights into customer use cases
• Conceptualize and develop illustrations to help explain how to use products
• Adapt content to publish on multiple platforms including web and mobile
• Storyboard, write, and review scripts for instructional videos
• Currently pursuing a degree in Technical Writing, Technical Communication, English, Journalism, Information Design, Instructional Design, Web Design, UX, Graphic Design or related fields and is junior or higher standing
• Portfolio of writing or design samples
• Familiarity with the principles of customer-focused design and writing to meet customer needs
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator and InDesign)
• Curiosity about new technology and how it works
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Ability to receive direction and manage small projects within a team environment
• Experience with audio products or involvement in the performing arts a plus