Shure offers a challenging and rewarding summer internship program. The twelve week program is offered to undergraduate students that have completed at least 2 years of college, as well as graduate students. Each intern will receive a competitive salary and students who reside out of Illinois will receive a housing stipend to cover living expenses for hybrid or onsite internships. Applications will be collected, reviewed and selected candidates will be contacted in late fall/early winter.
The Shure Pro Audio Sales team supports high profile customers in live touring, TV/Film/Broadcast, Theater, and Houses of Worship. It is seeking a Marketing Intern who will contribute to multiple aspects of brand awareness for Shure Pro Audio by supporting promotional initiatives both in-person and virtual, create engaging social media content, and assist in gear support for key end users. The intern will get an in-depth experience of marketing promotions and customer relationship management in a B2B and prosumer sales environment catering to highly technical and influential end users.
This internship will be 100% onsite.
• Market Research: Refine process for evaluating potential artist relations, sound engineers, and sponsorship organizations.
• Social Media: Work with Shure social media team to determine appropriate posting schedule, including Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn. Create social media postings, following branding guidelines set forth by the Company.
• Event Planning and Execution: Help coordinate in-person events from initial communication, to execution, to evaluation.
• Gear Maintenance: Assist gear room manager in the upkeep and distribution of product per requests from end users or Sales team.
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Music Business, or related areas. Minimum of two years of coursework.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to create posts and graphics for social media.
• Ability to accurately report on and manage multiple deadline-driven projects.
• Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud, or other graphic design software.
• Experience with a Customer Relationship Management database (i.e. Salesforce) a plus but not required.
• Regular user of microphones and audio systems a plus, but not required.