Shure offers a challenging and rewarding summer internship program. The twelve week program is offered to undergraduate students that have completed at least 2 years of college, as well as graduate students. Each intern will receive a competitive salary and students who reside out of Illinois will receive a housing stipend to cover living expenses for hybrid or onsite internships. Applications will be collected, reviewed and selected candidates will be contacted in late fall/early winter.
The Front-End Web Development Intern will work with the Global Web Team, under the supervision of our front-end web developers. They’ll assist in the creation and maintenance of shure.com. The selected candidate also will work with back-end developers, designers, content managers and stakeholders to understand how a fully functioning Global Web Team operates. The selected candidate also may have the opportunity to take lead on small projects.
This internship will be 100% remote.
• Intern will assist the web team in creating new web pages as well as maintaining existing pages in both legacy and modern applications
• Intern will meet with stakeholders and for multiple projects
• Intern will work within Shure’s documented brand guidelines
• The intern will work with all members of the Global Web Team
• In process of a completing bachelor’s degree in computer science, including online classes/coursework or bootcamps
• Experience with integrating data from APIs into an application.
• Experience with CSS preprocessors such as SASS and Stylus is a plus
• Experience with PHP is a plus
• Experience with GraphQL is a plus
• Experience with git and version control software such as SourceTree is a plus
• Able to follow standard instructions, practices, and procedures
• Self-motivated, team player, detail oriented
• Able to meet required deadlines
• Ability to work independently with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Exposure to the Adobe Creative Suite, Zeplin, Sketch, and other modern web design tools is a plus