Shure offers a challenging and rewarding summer internship program. The twelve week program is offered to undergraduate students that have completed at least 2 years of college, as well as graduate students. Each intern will receive a competitive salary and students who reside out of Illinois will receive a housing stipend to cover living expenses for hybrid or onsite internships. Applications will be collected, reviewed and selected candidates will be contacted in late fall/early winter.
The eLearning Design Intern will report to the Manager Design and Development, Shure Audio Institute while collaboratively working with other instructional designers and cross-functional teams to create learning solutions for audio professionals. The Shure Audio Institute (SAI) is a learning and development platform for our customers, end-users, and partners. Our selection of free training on general audio concepts as well as product sales and technical enablement communicate Shure’s profound expertise in the industry.
This internship location can be 100% remote or a combination of part-time remote/virtual and part-time in office.
• Apply instructional design methodology to create courseware which may include: eLearning, simulations, videos, webinars, instructor-led, etc.
• Work with Subject Matter Experts to develop training content and assessments
• Conduct reviews of educational materials with global stakeholders to ensure they meet their needs
• Deploy and load the courses you created onto the Learning Management System (LMS)
• Pursuing a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology or Training and Evaluation
• Strong interpersonal and both written and verbal communication skills.
• Detail-oriented with an ability to multi-task, manage multiple assignments simultaneously while meeting quality standards and deadlines.
• Creative thinker, with the ability to bring new ideas and suggestions to the team.
• Knowledge and/or experience with a variety of Instructional Design authoring tools and platforms, i.e., You don’t need to be an expert, but it would be great if you’ve worked with Camtasia, Captivate, Articulate360, TalentLMS, Audacity, PowerPoint, etc.
• Knowledge of/proficiency with the ADDIE instructional design model is a plus.
• Interest in working for an industry-leading company on world-class audio products