Shure offers a challenging and rewarding summer internship program. The twelve week program is offered to undergraduate students that have completed at least 2 years of college, as well as graduate students. Each intern will receive a competitive salary and students who reside out of Illinois will receive a housing stipend to cover living expenses for hybrid or onsite internships. Applications will be collected, reviewed and selected candidates will be contacted in late fall/early winter.
The Corporate Initiatives Intern will report to the AVP Corporate Initiatives, in the office of the President & CEO.
This function is primarily responsible for providing support in the following areas: Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Access (IDEA), Sustainability, and Global Project Management. This function will be responsible for helping to build the foundation for the Corporate Initiatives function. Driving the use of data and process analysis to improve current business processes, as well as seek new opportunities to enhance business results thru data driven decision-making.
This internship will be a hybrid position (combination of virtual and in office).
• Ensure that targeted business goals are achieved on a timely basis
• Responsible for the timely and competent analysis of various programs and projects to determine opportunities for improvements.
• Works with Functional Leaders to Create / Maintain Global Business Process Road map for our IDEA & Sustainability Initiatives.
• Assist in establishing, and overseeing projects related to Corporate Initiatives to improve efficiencies.
• Recommend changes to support process improvements and efficient system support.
• Working with Regional offices, identify specific process exceptions and develop plan to integrate.
• Create and maintain documentation.
• Other duties as assigned
• Enrollment in a bachelor’s degree program with minimum completion of 2 yrs course work
• Some experience of related business operations experience. Customer-focused in defining quality and establishing priorities
• Demonstrates leadership and project management skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Excellent interpersonal skills: the ability to interact constructively with multi-functional team members
• Experience in change management; ability to adapt to changing priorities and rapid change.
• Knowledge of Domestic and international Business Processes
• Excellent attention to detail and proof-reading skills
• PC proficiency including and utilizing Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
• Familiarity with providing & executing Desktop research