Shure offers a challenging and rewarding summer internship program. The twelve week program is offered to undergraduate students that have completed at least 2 years of college, as well as graduate students. Each intern will receive a competitive salary and students who reside out of Illinois will receive a housing stipend to cover living expenses for hybrid or onsite internships. Applications will be collected, reviewed and selected candidates will be contacted in late fall/early winter.
The Embedded Software intern will help take a critical part of our embedded network ecosystem and add future command and control capabilities via TCP/IP protocols. Additionally, the intern will help analyze the performance of the application, determine areas for optimization, and perform relevant optimizations.
This internship will be 100% remote or hybrid(combination of virtual and in office).
• Intern will get familiar with the current TCP/IP protocols
• Intern will implement new control functionality with TCP/IP protocols
• Analyze performance and perform optimizations based on results
• Minimum two years of course work in Computer Science or related field
• Masters level candidates a plus
• Must have experience in object-oriented programming using C++
• Experience using networking protocols specifically TCP/IP and UDP is a plus
• Recommended Classes: Networking, Object Oriented Programming C++, Data Structures and Algorithms
• Operating systems knowledge is a plus